*The Corporation of the County of Lambton embraces the importance of effective communication and service to the public. If any member of the public is unable to access County information, goods or services because of an accessibility challenge or Human Rights Code protected ground, the County will, upon request, make the necessary arrangements to assist the member of the public in accessing the information, goods or services in a manner that is respectful and adequate to their needs.
In June 2005, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 received Royal Assent and became law. The purpose of the Act is to benefit Ontarians by developing, implementing and enforcing accessibility standards to achieve accessibility for people with disabilities in goods, services, facilities, accommodation, employment, buildings, structures and premises on or before January 1, 2025.
Standards will be set in both the public and private sectors to address the full range of disabilities – including physical, sensory, mental health, developmental and learning. The County of Lambton will continue developing and implementing its accessibility plan with the new law and future development of standards in mind.
The County of Lambton’s Accessibility Plan was developed in partnership with its Accessibility Advisory Committee. It identifies barriers in areas such as social housing units, departmental programming and communication practices. The County of Lambton’s Accessibility Plan is available as a PDF document below. Copies of the County of Lambton Accessibility Plan are also available, upon request, in large print. Call 519 344-2062 ext. 2013 to receive an alternate copy.
The County of Lambton’s Accessibility Plan:
- Describes the process by which the County of Lambton identifies, removes and prevents barriers to people with disabilities.
- Reviews the process the County of Lambton has made in removing and preventing barriers that were identified last year in its facilities, policies, programs, practices and services.
- Lists the facilities, policies, programs, practices and services that the County of Lambton will review in the coming year to identify barriers to people with disabilities.
- Describes the measures the County of Lambton will take in the coming year to remove, identify and prevent barriers to people with disabilities.
- Describes the ways the County of Lambton will make this accessibility plan available to the public.
2014 Accessibility Plan
2010 Directory for People with Disabilities
Review the complete resource guide with information on health services, housing, recreation, training and education, transportation, employment and support services for people with disabilities. The publication is produced by the Sarnia Lambton Workforce Development Board (SLWDB).