The Building Services Department provides County-wide inspections for:
- Building construction under the Ontario Building Code (with the exception of the City of Sarnia and the Municipality of Lambton Shores)
- Plumbing and sewage disposal systems under the Ontario Building Code (county-wide)
- The Ontario Weed Control Act
- Property standards and clean yards enforcement for all local municipalities (with the exception of the City of Sarnia and the Municipality of Lambton Shores)
- Zoning By-Law enforcement for local municipalities
Please note the Department does not issue building permits for the City of Sarnia or the Municipality of Lambton Shores. Please contact those local municipal offices directly. (City of Sarnia - 519 332-0330; Municipality of Lambton Shores - 519-243-1400)
Weed Control Act
In accordance with the Ontario Weed Control Act, land owners must cut and/or destroy noxious weeds growing on their lands. As set out in the Act, the municipality may have the weeds destroyed, charging the cost against the land. DANDELIONS AND LONG GRASS ARE NOT NOXIOUS WEEDS. All inquiries should be directed to the Weed Inspector at 519 845-5420 or 1-866-324-6912.
Property Standards (Clean Yards)
Each municipality has a by-law regarding Property Standards (Clean Yards). In the event there is a property that does not meet the standards, as set out by the by-law, a complaint must be submitted, in writing, to the local municipal office. The municipality will review the complaint and forward to the County of Lambton Building Services Department for any action required. All complaints are kept strictly confidential.
Learn more about Building Permits.
Learn more about Plumbing Permits,
City of Sarnia Backflow Prevention Program
Learn more about the City of Sarnia Backflow Prevention Program
For more information about the Building Services Department, contact:
Corrine Nauta, Manager
Building Services Department
789 Broadway Street, Box 3000
Wyoming, ON N0N 1T0
Telephone: 519 845-0801 ext. 5352
Fax: 519 845-3817