The decision has been made to suspend some services and close some facilities to limit interactions with the public and between staff members.
We encourage the public to call ahead before visiting any County facility in person. Where possible, please try to conduct any business through phone or email to limit in-person interactions.
Financial Support and Resources
We have compiled a list of financial support and resources available to residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here to view the list of financial support and resources.
Council and Committee Meetings
Lambton County Council will resume its normal Council and Committee meeting schedule, beginning with the Committee A.M. and P.M. meetings on Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
Closures, Cancellations and Program Updates
The following closures and program cancellations are currently in effect:
- The County Administration Building at 789 Broadway Street in Wyoming is restricting public access to the building. If you require service that you normally would receive from the Administration Building, please call 519-845-0801.
- All room bookings at the Lambton Shared Services Centre are being cancelled.
- The County of Lambton Social Services Division will remain open by appointment only beginning on Monday March 23, 2020.
The Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery, Lambton County Archives, Lambton Heritage Museum and Oil Museum of Canada will be closed until further notice.
All Lambton County Library locations (including the Sarnia Library Theatre) remain closed to the public, however, select locations will begin offering contactless curbside pick-up service beginning Monday, June 8, 2020. See the contactless pick-up service news release for more information.
- See the closure news release for more information on returning library materials, loan period extensions and online services.
- Lambton County Long-Term Care Homes are closed to visitors until further notice.
- Adult Day Programs are cancelled until further notice.
- Lambton County Connects (virtual Adult Day Program) has been enhanced to 5 days each week, with 4 programs running each day.
- All Provincial Offences Act matters scheduled from Monday, March 16, 2020 through to and including July 3, 2020 will be adjourned and rescheduled to a later date. If you have a matter scheduled during this time, you do not need to attend court.
- The Court Services Department will be closed to the public until July 3, 2020.
Infrastructure & Development Services
- Building, plumbing, and septic system permits and inspections are arranged by phone or e-mail.
- The Province placed restrictions on select construction operations including industrial and some residential worksites - contractors and owners should contact their local municipal building office before initiating any work.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- The Household Hazardous Waste collection event scheduled for May 30, 2020 has been cancelled.
All social assistance, housing, homelessness prevention and children's services will be available by phone or email. Staff are contacting current clients to advise them of these changes.
Please reach out to our Social Services Division departments using the contact information below:
Phone: 519-344-2057 or 519-344-2062 ext. 2100
These services remain available by phone or email to all Lambton County residents who suddenly find themselves in need of financial assistance, food security or housing stability. See the Social Services options flyer for additional details.
Homelessness Prevention and Children's Services
- All County of Lambton EarlyON Child and Family Centers will be closed effective March 14th until further notice.
- New applications to the Child Care Fee Subsidy are asked to call 519-344-2060 ext. 2201 and applications will be completed over the phone. For ongoing Fee Subsidy families, please contact your caseworker for assistance by phone or email.
- Ontario Works will remain open by appointment only, by telephone or by email. Those seeking the services of Ontario Works who are not currently on assistance are asked to apply online at www.ontario.ca/socialassistance or contact the Ontario Works intake line at 519-332-4906. Those already receiving assistance should connect with their caseworker by phone, email or text.
- The Lambton Works Centre at the Lambton Shared Services Centre is closed until further notice.
- All Lambton Circles sites have cancelled meetings effective March 14 until further notice. Individual and family supportive services will continue to be provided via telephone and/or email.
- The Housing Services Department has cancelled all non-essential office visits. Current tenants should contact the office by phone or email. Those wishing to apply for rent geared-to-income assistance or other housing related programs can access information online or contact the office at 519-344-2062 ext. 2200.
- All Sarnia-Lambton LIP activities and meetings have been postponed until further notice. This includes the Cirque Kalabante event scheduled for April 8, which has been cancelled.
Lambton Public Health
Office restrictions or closures:
- Lambton Public Health - access to the main office at 160 Exmouth Street in Point Edward will be restricted to the public by appointment only. Call-in options are available.
- Petrolia sub-office at 450 Blanche St. will be CLOSED.
- Forest sub-office at 59 King St. W. will be CLOSED.
Suspended programs or services:
- Prenatal Classes
- Ask a Public Health Nurse: Parent Drop-In sessions
- Early ON Drop-in support
- School Screening for Dental or Vision
- Routine/School Immunizations
- All drop-in clinic visits
Modified access to some programs or services:
- Sexual Health Clinic available for urgent needs - call
- Harm Reduction supplies - North Entrance (door bell and monitored)
- Dental Services for children or adults with urgent concerns causing pain - call
- Family Health Line - call
- Breastfeeding or infant feeding support
- Child growth and development
- Parenting concerns
- Food Handler courses - online options or call
- Water Sample Testing - call
- Garden Fresh Box - call
Call for an appointment or get more information at 519-383-8331 or toll free 1-800-667-1839. Services are provided during standard business hours of 8:30 .a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please note wait times may vary due to a current high volume of calls.
Full details and options at https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/restricted-access/.
Further closures will be announced as they are made.
Updated: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 9:04 a.m.