The decision has been made to suspend some services and close some facilities to limit interactions with the public and between staff members.
We encourage the public to call ahead before visiting any County facility in person. Where possible, please try to conduct any business through phone or email to limit in-person interactions.
Please note: The County Council Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, 2020 has been cancelled. A Special Meeting of Council has been called for Wednesday, April 1, 2020 and will be held remotely. The status of the Committee A.M. and Committee P.M. meetings scheduled for Wednesday, April 15, 2020 is pending, and will be reviewed as the situation progresses.
The following closures and program cancellations are currently in effect:
- The County Administration Building at 789 Broadway Street in Wyoming is restricting public access to the building. If you require service that you normally would receive from the Administration Building, please call 519-845-0801.
- All Lambton County Library locations will be closed as of the end of business hours, Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Lambton Heritage Museum will be closed as of the end of business hours Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Oil Museum of Canada will be closed end of business hours Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Lambton County Archives will be closed end of business hours Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Judith and Norman Alix Art Gallery will be closed end of business hours Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Lambton County Long-Term Care Homes are closed to visitors until further notice.
- Adult Day Programs are cancelled until further notice.
- All Provincial Offences Act matters scheduled from Monday, March 16, 2020 through to and including Friday, April 3, 2020 will be adjourned and rescheduled to a later date. If you have a matter scheduled during this time, you do not need to attend court.
- The Court Services Department will be closed to the public until Friday, April 3, 2020.
- All County of Lambton EarlyON Child and Family Centers will be closed effective March 14th to April 5th. This includes mobile and outreach programs.
- New applications to the Child Care Fee Subsidy are asked to call 519-344-2060 ext. 2201 and applications will be completed over the phone. For ongoing Fee Subsidy families, please contact your caseworker for assistance by phone or email.
- Ontario Works will remain open by appointment only, by telephone or by email. Those seeking the services of Ontario Works who are not currently on assistance are asked to apply online at www.ontario.ca/socialassistance or contact the Ontario Works intake line at 519-332-4906. Those already receiving assistance should connect with their caseworker by phone, email or text.
- The Lambton Works Centre at the Lambton Shared Services Centre is closed until further notice.
- All room bookings at the Lambton Shared Services Centre are being cancelled.
- All Lambton Circles sites have cancelled meetings effective March 14 until further notice. Individual and family supportive services will continue to be provided via telephone and/or email.
- The Housing Services Department has cancelled all non-essential office visits. Current tenants should contact the office by phone or email. Those wishing to apply for rent geared-to-income assistance or other housing related programs can access information online or contact the office at 519-344-2062 ext. 2200.
- The Household Hazardous Waste collection event scheduled for March 28, 2020 has been cancelled.
- All Sarnia-Lambton LIP activities and meetings have been postponed until further notice. This includes the Cirque Kalabante event scheduled for April 8, which has been cancelled.
Additional closures, cancellations and program adjustments from Lambton Public Health will be in effect as of Friday, March 20, 2020:
Office restrictions or closures:
Lambton Public Health - access to the main office at 160 Exmouth Street in Point Edward will be restricted to the public by appointment only. Call-in options are available.
Petrolia sub-office at 450 Blanche St. will be CLOSED.
Forest sub-office at 59 King St. W. will be CLOSED.
Suspended programs or services:
Ask a Public Health Nurse: Parent Drop-In sessions
Early ON Drop-in support
School Screening for Dental or Vision
All drop-in clinic visits
Modified access to some programs or services:
Sexual Health Clinic available for urgent needs - call
Harm Reduction supplies - North Entrance (door bell and monitored)
Dental Services for children or adults with urgent concerns causing pain - call
Family Health Line - call
Food Handler courses - online options or call
Water Sample Testing - call
Garden Fresh Box - call
Full details and options at https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/restricted-access/.
Call for an appointment or get more information at 519-383-8331 or toll free 1-800-667-1839. Services are provided during standard business hours of 8:30 .a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please note wait times may vary due to a current high volume of calls.
Additional closures, cancellations and program adjustments from the Social Services Division:
Further closures will be announced as they are made.
Updated: Friday, March 20, 2020, 5:15 p.m.