To apply for housing assistance in Lambton County, complete the following steps:
1. To determine if you are eligible please contact the Access Coordinator at 519-344-2057 ext. 2036.
2. Obtain an Application for Housing Assistance.
Applications are available by:
- Visiting the Housing Services Department office at: Lambton Shared Services Centre, 2nd Floor, 150 N. Christina Street, Sarnia, ON N7T 8H3.
- Calling: 519-344-2057 or Toll Free at: 1-800-387-2882.
- Printing the form online. Application Form
3. Complete and mail or deliver your application to:
Housing Services Department
Lambton Shared Services Centre, 2nd Floor
150 N. Christina Street
Sarnia, ON N7T 8H3
4. Submit with your application and all required verification as noted on the application.
5. All applicants 16 years and older must sign the Declaration, Release and Consent.
Your application will be reviewed for completeness. If information is missing, you must provide it within ten business days of the letter advising your application is incomplete. If the missing information is not received your application will be cancelled.
If your application is complete you will be advised in writing whether or not you are eligible for rent geared-to-income assisted housing. If you are not eligible, you may appeal this decision. You must do this within ten business days of receipt of the letter. If you are considered eligible, your application will go on the waiting list for the housing sites you have selected.