Funding for the 2019 Lambton Renovates Program has been depleted.
The County of Lambton is now accepting 2019 applications for funding through the Lambton Renovates Program.
The Lambton Renovates program offers financial assistance to eligible households as follows:
Lambton Renovates Information SheetLambton Renovates Application Form
- One-time assistance in the form of a 10-year forgivable loan, secured by registration on title, for home repairs to a maximum of $20,000 per household.
- One-time assistance in the form of a grant, which does not require repayment, for accessibility improvements to a maximum of $5,000 per household.
Who is eligible?
Households who meet the following sample criteria: (For a complete list of eligibility criteria, please see the Lambton Renovates Information Sheet above).
- Total household income and assets complies with the income and asset criteria as listed in the Information Sheet.
- Own of a home in Lambton County that is your sole and principal residence with a maximum market value of $215,000.
- All property taxes and mortgage payments must be up to date and insurance coverage in place for the full value of the home.
- Your home must be in need of repair, energy and/or accessibility upgrades.
What types of repairs can be done?
Eligible repairs under the Lambton Renovates Program may include major repairs and rehabilitation required to make your home safe while improving energy efficiency. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Heating systems
- Roofs, vents, louvers
- Electrical systems
- Plumbing, toilet replacement, water heaters
- Septic systems and well water, well drilling
Modifications to increase accessibility related to housing and the occupant's disability include, but not limited to:
How to apply?
- Chair and bath lifts
- Height adjustments to countertops
- Bathroom renovations
Applications and additional information are available by contacting County of Lambton, Housing Services Department during regular business hours Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Mackenzie Kada, Project Coordinator
County of Lambton - Housing Services Department
Telephone: 519-344-2062 ext. 2165