There are three ways to apply for Ontario Works in Lambton County. You can apply online, by telephone or in person by attending the local office.
- To apply online click on the link, www.ontario.ca/socialassistance
- To apply by telephone, call 519-332-4906 or 1-866-879-6750
- To apply in person you can access service at the Lambton Shared Services Centre in the Bayside Centre, 150 N. Christina St. Sarnia, ON N7T 8H3
To apply by telephone or in person you will need to speak to an Intake Caseworker. The Intake Caseworker will gather information over the phone and make an assessment on whether you may be eligible to receive Ontario Works assistance. If you are determined to be potentially eligible, then you will be booked for an appointment in the Lambton Shared Services Centre office located at the Bayside Centre in Sarnia. At this appointment, you will meet with a Caseworker who will complete the Ontario Works application with you and make a decision regarding your eligibility.
Before you call or go online, please have the following information ready for each member of your family:
- Date of Birth
- Social Insurance Number
- Health Card Number
- Accommodation Expenses
- Rent Amount or Mortgage Details
- Current Value of all assets
- Bank Accounts
- Life Insurance Policies, trust funds and investments
- Any other valuables
- Information about any income that is pending or received in past four weeks, including the type of income, the dates, the gross and net amounts
Verification of this information will need to be provided at the appointment scheduled with the caseworker in the Ontario Works office located in Lambton Shared Services Centre.