Please use these alternative contact options to connect with our team during this time:
- Those seeking the services of Ontario Works who are not currently on assistance are asked to apply online at www.ontario.ca/socialassistance or contact the Ontario Works intake line at 519-332-4906.
- Those already on assistance should connect with their Caseworker by phone at 519-344-2062, email or text at 226-212-7286 if you need assistance or have a question(s).
- You do not need to bring documents into the office including your income reporting statement.
- Payments are being sent by mail or direct bank deposit. Notify your caseworker about any changes to your address or banking information immediately.
- If you do not have direct bank deposit, it is highly recommended that you contact your caseworker to get it set up for your payments.
In addition, the services of the Lambton Works Centre in the Lambton Shared Services Centre are suspended until further notice.
At this time, there are no changes to how Ontario Works payments for April's assistance will be sent out. Please visit the County's website, lambtononline.ca, and social media platforms for further updates.
Ontario Works provides employment and income assistance to eligible individuals and families. Income support assistance is provided to persons in need to cover the costs of food, shelter, basic needs and prescription drug coverage.
Ontario Works legislation requires that those receiving social assistance actively participate in a plan that includes agreed upon employment assistance activities to support them in their employment goals. There are certain circumstances in which those receiving assistance may be temporarily exempt from these requirements.
Social Services policies are governed by the Ontario Works Act and Regulations, which is provincial legislation that governs how our community delivers social assistance.
Ontario Works is co-located at the Lambton Shared Services Centre in the Bayside Centre with Housing Services, Social Planning and Children's Services, Court Services, Ontario Disability Program Support (ODSP), and Service Ontario at:
150 N. Christina St., Sarnia, ON N7T 8H3
519 344-2057 / Toll Free: 1-800-387-2882
To apply for assistance call 519 332-4906 OR 1-866-879-6750 or apply online at www.ontario.ca/socialassistance
Welfare Fraud Hotline: 1-800-394-7867
Interactive Voice Response System Details
Cheque/DBD Information: 1-800-808-2268
Hours: Mon-Fri—8 am – 9 pm
Sat-Sun—12pm – 5 pm
Interactive Voice Response system requires ID# and PIN# which are sent to Social Assistance recipients by mail
Family Responsibility Office
Legal Aid Ontario
The Workplace Group
For more information about the Ontario Works Department, contact:
Jane Dalziel, Manager
150 North Christina Street
Sarnia, ON N7T 8H3
Telephone: 519 344-2062 x2168 / Toll-free: 1-800-387-2882
Fax: 519 344-2023