Lambton County

Caring, Growing, Innovative
Text Size: A A A

 Minor Variance Applications 

Minor variance applications in the local municipalities are addressed directly by those municipalities.  Contact the municipality for the application.

A minor variance is required if a proposed change to a property does not conform exactly to the zoning by-law but follows the general intent.

Anyone who disagrees with a decision of the local Committee of Adjustment has 20 days to appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB).  The OMB can allow or dismiss your appeal, or amend the application in any way it sees fit.  The OMB has the power to dismiss your appeal without holding a hearing.

A minor variance does not change a zoning by-law.  It simply excuses the property owner from specific requirements of the Zoning By-Law and allows a building permit to be obtained.