Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2020 01:36 PM
Wyoming, ON - Lambton County Council has approved a net levy rate increase of 3.42% to the County property tax levy, finalizing the County's 2020 Budget in Wyoming this morning.
In total, the budget calls for spending $220.7 million in 2020, $80.2 million of which will be raised through local property taxes.
"Staff brought forward a budget that is both reasonable and responsible," said Warden Bill Weber. "The 2020 budget allows us to maintain our current levels of service while taking the provincial...
Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2019 12:00 AM
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting on Wednesday, November 27, Lambton County Council:
- Instructed staff to conclude commercial negotiations for a long-term lease (and option to purchase) for its facilities located at Bayside Centre, and to return to Council on February 5, 2020 with final documents for Council's review.
- Received an overview of the ACCESS Open Minds partnership from Kathy Alexander, Executive Director, Bluewater Health Foundation; Paula Reaume-Zimmer, Integrated Vice-President, Mental...
Posted on Thursday, October 03, 2019 12:00 AM
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting on Wednesday, October 2, 2019, Lambton County Council:
- Directed staff to prepare a report by January 31, 2020 providing an inventory of social programs and services offered to seniors in Lambton County; and
- Instructed staff to strike a task force with Navigating Senior Care Lambton to assess the need for a Seniors Advisory Committee and report its findings to County Council.
- Received a report from Mark Perrin, Executive Director, Tourism Sarnia-Lambton (TSL)...
Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2019 12:00 AM
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting on Wednesday, September 4, 2019, Lambton County Council:
- Welcomed alternate members of council T. Kingston (alternate member to Councillor S. Arnold, St. Clair Township) and B. Dennis (alternate member to Councillor M. Bradley, City of Sarnia).
- Received an update from Don McCabe, Director, Zone 6, Lambton and Middlesex Counties, Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA), with an emphasis on animal activism.
- Received an information report from the Corporate Services...
Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2019 12:00 AM
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting Wednesday, July 3, 2019, Lambton County Council:
- Supported a motion to provide formal support for the application for Free Trade Zone status by the Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce.
- Carried a motion to provide Enbridge with a letter of support for the application being submitted to the Ontario Energy Board for the 2021 Sarnia Industrial Pipeline Reinforcement Project.
- Viewed the Intelligent Community Forum (ICF) Top7 Video.
- Received correspondence from Mitch...