Posted on Friday, November 27, 2020 01:35 PM
Point Edward, ON - Effective Monday, November 30 at 12:01 a.m., Lambton County is moving to the status level of protect (yellow) with strengthened measures in place based on the Ontario COVID-19 Response Framework.
The strengthened measures include the potential for enhanced targeted enforcement, fines, and enhanced education to limit further transmission. It also requires sector-specific restrictions in order to apply public health measures in high risk settings.
Generally, restrictions under the...
Posted on Friday, November 27, 2020 09:32 AM
Grand Bend, ON – The City of Sarnia and the County of Lambton have finalized details to move a historic log cabin from Canatara Park to Lambton Heritage Museum, and see its restoration supported by the fundraising efforts of a local volunteer group.
This will be the third move for the resilient, square log structure, which has a fascinating history of moving to different locations over its nearly 200 year history. It was originally built in Huron County, where it served as a private residence....
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2020 05:50 PM
Wyoming, ON – Lambton County Council held their regular meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, November 25. At this meeting, Lambton County Council:
- Received an update from Lambton County Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Sudit Ranade, regarding the current COVID-19 situation in Lambton County.
- Heard a presentation from Oscar Poloni, Lead Engagement Partner, KPMG regarding the findings of the Social Services Division Service Review, completed under the Municipal Modernization Program.
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2020 05:45 PM
Wyoming, ON - The County of Lambton Emergency Control Group met Wednesday, November 25 to discuss updates in the current COVID-19 situation. The group will meet again on Tuesday next week to discuss new developments and planning requirements. Additional meetings will be scheduled if needed.
At this meeting, the Emergency Control Group:
- Received an update from Lambton County's Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Ranade, regarding the COVID-19 situation in Lambton County. Current statistics are available...
Posted on Friday, November 20, 2020 03:00 PM
The November edition of This Month in Lambton includes the following news, service updates, programs and events:
- Share Your Memories of 'Snowmaggedon'
- Warden's Election
- Make Art with JNAAG
- Sarnia Library Reopens for Curbside Service
- One Book Lambton
- Donor Recognition
- Online Learning with Museums and Archives
- Lambton Renovates and Homeownership Program
Lambton County residents are being asked to share their memories of the 2010 Snow Emergency, also...