Posted on Friday, January 22, 2021 03:00 PM
The January edition of This Month in Lambton includes the following news, service updates, programs and events:
- Local COVID-19 Immunization Planning
- Provincial Shutdown, State of Emergency and Stay-at-Home Order
- Virtual Exhibits from JNAAG
- Make Art with JNAAG
- Lambton Heritage Museum Community Photo Challenge
- Public Alerting During Emergencies
- Access over 3,000 magazines for free with Lambton County Library
- Bundle up with a Book
- Explore Your History With Lambton County Library
- Entrepreneurial Resources...
Posted on Friday, January 22, 2021 08:48 AM
Point Edward, ON – Do you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines? Lambton Public Health is hosting two sessions next week to answer your queries through a variety of channels.
All event details and access options will be provided online at LambtonPublicHealth.ca.
The first opportunity is on Tuesday, January 26 at 10 a.m. during a 30-minute Digital Video Session, which will see Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Sudit Ranade participate in a COVID-19 vaccine video Q&A session online with media....
Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2021 04:40 PM
Wyoming, ON – Lambton County Library is temporarily closing Alvinston Library and Corunna Library for a period of two to three weeks in order to complete scheduled renovations. Corunna Library will be closed effective Monday, January 25, 2021 and Alvinston Library will be closed effective Monday, February 1, 2021. All services, including curbside pickup, will be suspended at both libraries during this time.
Last year, both libraries’ footprints were adjusted to support the integration of social services...
Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2021 12:15 PM
New Lambton COVID-19 Immunization Task Force Unveiled
Wyoming, ON – Lambton County Council held a special meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. At this meeting, Lambton County Council heard a presentation from Lambton Public Health (LPH) staff regarding details of the local COVID-19 vaccine roll-out plan.
The three goals of Lambton County's COVID-19 Vaccination Program are to:
- Prevent deaths due to COVID-19.
- Protect health and other systems.
- Build a level of population immunity...
Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2021 09:13 AM
Wyoming, ON - The County of Lambton Emergency Control Group met Wednesday, January 20 to discuss updates in the current COVID-19 situation. The group will meet again on Wednesday next week to discuss new developments and planning requirements. Additional meetings will be scheduled if needed.
At this meeting, the Emergency Control Group:
- Received an update from Lambton County's Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Ranade, regarding the COVID-19 situation in Lambton County. Current statistics are available...