Council Highlights - May 3, 2023
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2023 01:34 PM
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting on Wednesday, May 3, Lambton County Council:
- Heard a presentation from Debb Pitel, Founder of No One Stands Alone, regarding funding to continue providing a resource booklet listing local mental health agencies for those that need help and don't know where to turn.
- Asked Public Health Services Division and Social Services Division staff to work with presenter, Debb Pitel, Founder of No One Stands Alone, to determine opportunities to engage in the work that is...
Council Highlights - April 5, 2023
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2023 02:24 PM
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting on Wednesday, April 5, Lambton County Council:
- Heard presentations from:
- Brian Eves, President, Lambton Federation of Agriculture, Crispin Colvin, Vice President, Ontario Federation of Agriculture, and Karen McLean, Member Services Representative, Federation of Agriculture, regarding potential Official Plan changes that would allow removal of agricultural lands from food production purposes in Lambton County.
- James Oatway, Climate Action Sarnia Lambton,...
Council Approves 2023 County Budget
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2023 02:13 PM
Wyoming, ON - Lambton County Council has approved a net levy rate increase of 4.02% to the County property tax levy, finalizing the County's 2023 Budget at the Council meeting this morning.
In total, the budget calls for spending $265.8 million in 2023, $89.3 million of which will be raised through local property taxes.
"I’m pleased with how Council discussed and worked through this year’s budget,” said Lambton County Warden Kevin Marriott. "We were able to make some challenging decisions that...
2023 Draft County Budget Presented to County Council
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2023 12:40 PM
Wyoming, ON - Lambton County Council will be considering a net increase of 3.9% to the County property tax levy when it meets to discuss the County's 2023 budget at the Council meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
The 2023 Draft County Budget was presented during a special joint meeting of Committee A.M. and Committee P.M. in Wyoming on Wednesday, February 15. The draft document calls for $89.2 million to be raised through local property taxes and total spending of $265.7 million.
Council Highlights - February 1, 2023
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2023 09:40 AM
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting on Wednesday, February 1, Lambton County Council:
- Heard presentations from:
- Laurie Zimmer, Vice-President of Clinical Serivces, Bluewater Health, Kathy Alexander, Executive Director, Bluewater Health Foundation, and Jack Vanderveen, Director, Facilities & Support Services, Bluewater Health, sharing an update on the Bluewater Health Helipad Project.
- John Loerchner, CEO, Wildscape Co./Cabinspace providing an overview of sustainable building of affordable housing...