Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 11:12 AM
Grand Bend, ON – Lambton Heritage Museum will be presenting the Paint Ontario Art Show & Sale, September 3 - 26, 2021. The 25th anniversary show will be a live, in-person show - not a virtual show.
Paint Ontario is the largest show and sale of representational art in Ontario, which features over 200 original paintings by approximately 100 artists, selected from almost 700 submissions. The show provides a unique opportunity for emerging artists to showcase their work and an unmatched...
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2021 10:17 AM
Point Edward, ON - With the prediction of hot and humid weather expected to continue today and possibly into the middle of this week, Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a Heat Warning for Lambton County.
A heat warning is issued when two consecutive days are forecast to have a daytime high temperature greater than or equal to 31⁰C, and a nighttime temperature greater than or equal to 20⁰C or a humidex greater than 40⁰C.
In high temperatures and humidity, your body may not be able...
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2021 08:44 AM
The August edition of This Month in Lambton includes the following news, service updates, programs and events:
- Update on Lakeshore Road (County Road 7) reconstruction
- HHW Collection Events
- Lambton County Library reopens all 25 locations
- Borrow an Ontario Parks day-use pass with a library card
- Read-Along Kids Books at Lambton County Library
Motorists and cyclists are reminded that Lakeshore Road (County Road 7) is closed for...
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2021 02:20 PM
Point Edward, ON – Dr. Christopher Greensmith has been appointed to the interim position of Acting Medical Officer of Health (MOH) for Lambton County.
“I am pleased to welcome Dr. Greensmith back to Lambton Public Health,” said Andrew Taylor, General Manager for Public Health Services. “He is not only a well-respected local family physician, but is also well-known to the community having served in the past as the County’s MOH for over 22 years.”
Recently, Dr. Greensmith served on the County’s COVID-19...
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2021 01:00 PM
Wyoming, ON - The County of Lambton Emergency Control Group met Wednesday, August 18 to discuss updates to the current COVID-19 situation.
At this meeting, the Emergency Control Group:
- Heard that 169,394 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Lambton County, as of Wednesday, August 18. That represents 76.5% of individuals aged 12+ that have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 70% of individuals aged 12+ that have received two doses.
- Received an update on the transition...