The number of electric vehicle charging stations in Lambton County is set to quadruple thanks to a grant from the provincial Ministry of Transportation.
The $103,000 grant will cover approximately 80 per cent of the installation cost for 14 charging stations at the following County facilities across the community:
*County Administration Building, Wyoming - 2 stations
* Lambton Meadowview Villa, Petrolia - 2 stations
* North Lambton Lodge, Forest - 2 stations
* Marshall Gowland Manor, Sarnia - 1 station
* Lambton Public Health, Point Edward - 2 stations
* Oil Museum of Canada, Oil Springs - 1 station
* Lambton Heritage Museum - 1 station
* Petrolia Public Works Depot, Petrolia - 1 station
* Oil City Public Works Depot, Oil City - 1 station
The project was awarded to Montreal-based FLO, which has installed more than 3,500 charging stations across the country. Users "fueling" at the charge stations will be billed by credit or FLO cards.
It is hoped the charge stations will be operational by later this year.