Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2021 10:49 AM
Wyoming, ON – Lambton County Council held their regular meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. At this meeting, Lambton County Council:
- Received an update from Lambton County Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Sudit Ranade, regarding the current COVID-19 situation in Lambton County.
- Recognized donors who have made generous contributions to County programs, services and facilities over the past year, including Roger Hay, Mark Moran, Ron Van Horne and Scott Ferguson, Lambton BASES,...
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2021 04:21 PM
Point Edward, ON – Based on guidance from the Province of Ontario, Lambton Public Health (LPH) is expanding eligibility for third doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to:
- Individuals 70 years of age and older;
- Health-care workers and designated essential caregivers in congregate settings (including long-term care home and retirement home staff and designated caregivers);
- First Nation, Inuit and Metis adults including their non-Indigenous household members 18 years of age and older; and
- Anyone who received...
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2021 11:21 AM
Point Edward, ON – In response to a number of resident complaints, Lambton Public Health (LPH) is reminding local business owners/operators they are responsible to uphold all proof of vaccination requirements as required by the Province.
On October 22, the Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, released A Plan to Safely Reopen Ontario and Manage COVID-19 for the Long-Term. This plan outlines Ontario’s cautious and gradual approach to lifting remaining public...
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2021 04:29 PM
Wyoming, ON - The County of Lambton Emergency Control Group (CECG) met Wednesday, October 27 to discuss updates to the current COVID-19 situation.
At this meeting, the Emergency Control Group:
- Heard that 190,370 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Lambton County, as of Wednesday, October 27. That represents 83.3% of individuals aged 12+ that have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 79.8% of individuals aged 12+ that have received two doses.
- Would like to remind residents...
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2021 10:00 AM
Point Edward, ON – Lambton Public Health (LPH) is introducing additional proof of vaccination requirements for all facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities in the County of Lambton. Proof of vaccination will be required for anyone over the age of 12 who enters an indoor area of this type of facility to participate in, coach, officiate or watch an organized sporting event.
The new mandate officially comes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on October 31, when individuals 12 years of age...