Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2021 09:09 AM
Point Edward, ON - On May 31, Lambton Public Health began its 2021 water quality monitoring program at public beaches in Lambton County.
Water quality reports will indicate if the water is safe to access. Signs will be displayed to reflect the status of each public beach:
- Posted - Warning sign displayed. Unsafe for swimming as high levels of bacteria in the waters may pose a risk to your health.
- Not posted - Caution sign displayed. No water quality issues but continue to monitor for changes. Cloudy...
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2021 09:00 AM
Point Edward, ON – Individuals who are 70 years of age and older or those who received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on or before April 18 are now eligible to book their second dose vaccination appointments.
You will be contacted directly via email or phone to schedule your second vaccine. If you are age 70 and older or were immunized during this time period and have not been contacted by end of day today, please call our Vaccine Call Centre from Monday to Friday (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)...
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 12:46 PM
Grand Bend, ON - The museums of Lambton County that make up Heritage Sarnia-Lambton will be hosting a new virtual Heritage Hour, Thursday, June 17th at 7pm. This panel presentation, titled On the Lam in Lambton, will explore criminal accounts that have befallen Lambton’s communities. Museum professionals will discuss scofflaws to the downright illegal that have sensationalized Lambton’s dark underbelly.
“There have been radical moments in Lambton’s history that may come as a shock to...
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 12:42 PM
Point Edward, ON – Individuals who are 75 years of age and older or those who received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on or before March 31 are now eligible to book their second dose vaccination appointments. In addition, residents who received a first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine within the same time period (on or before March 31) or are 75 and older may also choose to book a second dose appointment for another approved COVID-19 mRNA vaccine (i.e. Pfizer or Moderna depending on availability).
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 12:39 PM
Wyoming, ON – Lambton County Council held their regular meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, June 2, 2021. At this meeting, Lambton County Council:
- Received an update from Lambton County Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Sudit Ranade, regarding the current COVID-19 situation in Lambton County.
- Heard presentations from:
- Judith Morris, Mehdi Sheikhzadeh, and Rob Kardas of Lambton College, regarding Lambton College's Post-COVID Strategy: Project Momentum.
- Sarah Duplisea, Administrative Assistant,...